I think many “self-help” books are often “rehashes” of classics or even worse, bordering on pointless. That said, every once in a while a book comes along that is a bit different. Something that has “real world” uses and applications. Even better still, actual results.
My friend Pat Flynn’s How To Be Better at (Almost) Everything is one of those “different” books and it isn’t some heavyweight unusable piece of pontificating or posturing. It’s succinct, pointed, useful, and extremely thought-provoking. It does challenge some norms of focused expertise, and does so with condor and results.
Having worked with Pat directly, I know his process works. While Pat comes from the world of health and fitness this book goes WAY beyond that. Pat has helped himself and others physically for sure, but Pat has also build a very successful business (a couple actually) using the very methods and underlying principle of this book.
Here are a few reasons for grabbing Pat’s book:
- How to get better at getting better at things (the skill of acquiring skill, I can hardly think of anything more useful in life).
- Exactly what skills you must learn to succeed in business and in life (such as logic and persuasion or discipline and focus) and how to develop them quickly.
- Why “Skill-Stacking” > Specialization, and how to combine skills to form competitive and creative advantages in life. (This was truly a game-changing idea for me, it showed up when training with Pat carried over to other areas too)
- How to become an “Expert-Generalist”: Masterful at many things, even if you aren’t the best any one.
- A simple and straightforward practice method for getting better at anything that interests you in just 1-hour a day.
Plus: I believe in and have benefitted from Pat’s work so much I hounded Jose to add in an offer from Value Prop as well.
- For the first 25 people who send us a copy of your purchase receipt/email and you will receive a complimentary copy of Value Prop or Strategic Propositions.
- If you buy 3 or more (really good gifts) you will receive a choice of book and a 20% discount for any one of Value Prop’s upcoming workshops (live or web)of your choice.
- Buy 10 or more copies, receive the same as 1 and 2, plus a 30 minute Value Prop coaching call with Jose AND Pat Flynn on any topic or issue around strategic marketing and sales.
Amazon currently has it on sale for just $14 (versus the normal $22).
You can check out Pat’s site for more about him, http://www.chroniclesofstrength.com
He also has a great podcast where he covers fitness, business, faith, life, etc. He gets some really great guests too. You can get to it from his site or iTunes.
Frank Michel and Jose Palomino